Welcome to The '82-'84 Firebird Zone @ http://www.earlythirdgen.com Please feel free to look around and share information for the Early Third Gen.

Oil..leak

Interior, Exterior, and Drivetrain repairs

NorthernV8ilk

Re: Oil..leak

Postby NorthernV8ilk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:47 am

Judging from the color of the fluid, I would guess it is ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid).
Most likely it is the oil pan seal of the transmission that is leaking.

If you can, drive the front of the car up on a pair of ramps so you can access the underside better. Wipe off all oil you can see (it might also help if you remove the protection cover for the converter), and then check it again after a while. With everything (relatively) clean, it will be a lot easier to spot where the actual leak is. Depending on the size of the leak this might take a few days, though.

But, as mentioned in the beginning, I would suspect that it is the oil pan seal that's leaking.
Have you checked the ATF level in the transmission recently? Does it seem to loose oil?

NorthernV8ilk

Re: Oil..leak

Postby NorthernV8ilk » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:03 am

Just curious: have you managed to find where the leak is yet?

AllaUk

View the latest post

Postby AllaUk » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:49 am

bb 8900 can view photos but when I connect the desktop to acquire images through computer does not see the image. Who can help me how to fix it?: Khуc:

Как оформить СБКТС?

AllaUk

Thu Feb 04 2016 10 03 am

Postby AllaUk » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:31 am

you are correct, sounds like the diaphram is shot. I would try Mr JLEMOND he will have them or know what else is equvilent.

Как оформить СБКТС?

Williamnek

Oil leak

Postby Williamnek » Tue May 10, 2016 6:43 am

Do you have a proper plate type LSD or just the sport Torsen diff? Torsen differentials do not need any special LSD oil.

JoshuaSes

View first unread post

Postby JoshuaSes » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi,
For the purpose of comparison, if I need to superimpose the view of a struct. bulk config. on the STEM image ..., then how will it be possible? ....Can I make the background transparent ?

Best_
Dipankar

Return to “General Maintenance”